Saturday, October 1, 2011

Review - Endless Summer (The Boys Next Door & Endless Summer) by Jennifer Echols


Title: Endless Summer (The Boys Next Door & Endless Summer) (Amazon)
Author: Jennifer Echols
Publisher: Simon Pulse 
Release Date: 2010
Pages: 587
Genre: Y/A
Source: Library

Two irresistible boys. One unforgettable summer. 

Lori can’t wait for her summer at the lake. She loves wakeboarding and hanging with her friends--including the two hotties next door. With the Vader brothers, she's always been just one of the guys. 

Now that she’s turning sixteen, she wants to be seen as one of the girls, especially in the eyes of Sean, the older brother. But that’s not going to happen--not if the younger brother, Adam, can help it.
Lori plans to make Sean jealous by spending time with Adam. Adam has plans of his own for Lori. As the air heats up, so does this love triangle. Will Lori’s romantic summer melt into one hot mess? (Goodreads)

Kim’s Take – This was such an excellent summer read!

Lori has grown up with the boys next door, working at their family’s boating business every summer, and perfecting her wakeboarding skills with them every afternoon. But this year, Lori is intent on changing her tomboy image to attract the attention of one of the older brothers, Sean, who will be leaving for college in the fall.

When she fails to attract his attention on her own, she resorts to an agreed upon “fake relationship” with Sean’s younger brother, Adam, after Sean hooks up with Adam’s girlfriend. The idea is to make Sean and Adam’s ex-girlfriend jealous. But what Lori doesn’t realize is that Adam is harboring his own crush on Lori and feels that Sean is not good enough for her. Non-stop complications ensue, making Lori feel she will never get her chance at Sean and that, just maybe, she doesn’t want to.

And when Lori finally comes to realize who she loves and should be with, circumstances occur that make it forbidden for her to see him.

All of the characters were very realistic and I found myself really rooting for Adam. I really like Jennifer Echols writing and the way she connects you to the characters so you can easily feel their emotions. And her descriptions made me feel like I could smell the water and feel the sun.

A great read for everyone, so pick it up!

Kim’s Rating – 4/5

4 comments:

  1. I love the cover of this book, I really do. It's so summery.

    And the story seems cool, I think I might like to read this one when I have time -since it seems like it's long.

    Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Jennifer Echols, and I really want to read this one! Glad to hear you enjoyed it, I can't wait to read it myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have this book! I must read it! Thanks for the review! Even though it is not summer, I will still read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found this one at a second hand shop. I heard the first story is better then the second. Either way it peaked my curiosity. *grin*

    Oh do stop by. My blog has been quiet lonely... lacking on the comment side due to being missing from the blog-o-sphere fro some time. However, I'm trying to jump back into this wonderful world. I do miss it so!

    Mad Scientist @ Steampunkery & Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete