Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday


image
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. It lets us spotlight what upcoming books we can't wait for!

This week I am waiting on -
image
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
Publisher: HarperTeen
Release Date: November 15, 2011

Summary via Goodreads:
Juliette hasn't touched anyone in exactly 264 days. The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal. As long as she doesn't hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old-girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don't fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.
The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war- and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she's exactly what they need right now.
Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.
In this electrifying debut, Tahereh Mafi presents a world as riveting as The Hunger Games and a superhero story as thrilling as The X-Men. Full of pulse-pounding romance, intoxicating villainy, and high-stakes choices, Shatter Me is a fresh and original dystopian novel—with a paranormal twist—that will leave readers anxiously awaiting its sequel.

I can honestly say that I have heard nothing, but AMAZING things about this book. I am way way excited about it and each blogger review or comment that comes out about it makes me all the more excited!

What are you waiting on this week???

16 comments:

  1. This one sounds really good & I love the cover. Adding it to my wishlist.

    Here's my WOW for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read this! It sounds really amazing. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely excited for this one too; in fact, I was going to pick it for my WoW this week. I love the premise. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited to read this one too!! Great pick!
    You can see what I'm waiting on over at Fuzzy.Coffee.Books if ya like!
    Courtney
    *new follower

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are going to love this book, it was amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a popular WoW this week and for good reason. It sounds soo good!!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one's on my tbr pile and I should probably read it soon, I've been hearing a lot of great things about it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i REALLY, REALLY want this book too. love the synopsis and i've been hearing great things about it. awesome pick!

    My WoW.

    -Leslie
    Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard so many amazing things about this one, so to say I have high expectations would be a serious understatement. However, I'm sure it will be just as amazing as everyone says it is. Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am DYING to read this one! AWESOME choice!!!
    My Wow Post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. THIS BOOK IS COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY AWESOME! I loved it soooooooo much! :) If I had a copy, I would share it! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pick. Looking forward to this one too!
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-30.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I call this "the one with the wedding dress on the cover" LOL
    Mostly because I had no idea what it was about. But it sounds interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Read this book and love it! I loooove the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really, really need this book! It sounds so amazing!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow. This sound brilliant. Now I want it *sigh* So many books, so little time...

    ReplyDelete