Saturday, August 13, 2011

Review - Going too Far by Jennifer Echols

images Title: Going Too Far
Author: Jennifer Echols
Publisher: MTV Books
Release Date: March 17, 2009
Pages: 245
Genre:YA
Source: Library 

Summary:
All Meg has ever wanted is to get away. Away from high school. Away from her backwater town. Away from her parents who seem determined to keep her imprisoned in their dead-end lives. But one crazy evening involving a dare and forbidden railroad tracks, she goes way too far...and almost doesn't make it back.
John made a choice to stay. To enforce the rules. To serve and protect. He has nothing but contempt for what he sees as childish rebellion, and he wants to teach Meg a lesson she won't soon forget. But Meg pushes him to the limit by questioning everything he learned at the police academy. And when he pushes back, demanding to know why she won't be tied down, they will drive each other to the edge -- and over.... (Goodreads)

Missy's take-

  
Would it be unrealistic if I said that I loved everything about this book? I went and picked it up at the library after hearing about Love Story coming out this summer. I could NOT put it down. I finished it in one sitting. I really fell in love with it and the characters!

Meg and John were such realistic characters. They are complete opposites. Meg is reckless and John is disciplined.  When they end up having to spend time together those characteristics really come into play and make for quite an interesting story. They drive each other crazy and push each other to their limits all the while falling in love with each other.

I can't really put my finger on why, but this was one of my favorite quotes in the book-

This was like no handshake I'd ever shared. Clumsy, and sexy, way too friendly for comfort.

I seriously think I FELT that handshake. It might have made me swoon. :)

Overall, this was a super sweet quick read. It had the perfect amounts of romance and drama. I will be buying this one so I can read it again in the future! Jennifer Echols has definitely become one of my favorite contemp YA authors!

Missy's rating: 5/5







 

9 comments:

  1. I have not read this one yet, but now I think I want too! I need to find out why that handshake was so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book! Great review (:

    Haley @Ya-Aholic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds really good and I kind of trust you so I'll give this one a try!
    Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of her books yet, but I really want to! Yay that you loved it so much! I can't wait to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yay! So glad to hear you enjoyed this! I've read a lot of great reviews for the book, and can't wait to read it myself! I loved Forget You, but didn't really care for Love Story. I can't wait to read this one! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this author! I ahve read most of her books and have yet to read this one. Loved the review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds good. Echols is one of my favs too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. *gasp* I loooooved this book too!!! Definitely one of my FAVS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not unrealistic at all. In fact it would only be unrealistic if you didn't love everything about this book! While Forget You is my favorite Echols book, this one is a very, very close second. I love John After so much!

    ReplyDelete