Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (23)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. It lets us spotlight what upcoming books we can't wait for!

This week I am waiting on -

Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter
Publisher: Harlequin Teen 
Release date: April 2012

Summary via Goodreads:
Kate Winters has won immortality.

But if she wants a life in the Underworld with Henry, she’ll have to fight for it.

Becoming immortal wasn’t supposed to be the easy part. Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she’s as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he’s becoming ever more distant and secretive. Then, in the midst of Kate’s coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans.

As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of Tartarus. But in order to navigate the endless caverns of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one person who is the greatest threat to her future.

Henry’s first wife, Persephone.
 


I adored the first book in this series and am very excited about this one! I also love the fact that Perspephone is going to be in the mix of this one. It's going to make for a rather interested storyline!

What are you waiting on???  

16 comments:

  1. Now, this sounds more interesting.
    I read the first book but I didn't love it. I like the idea of Persephone showing up again :D

    Thanks fr sharing your pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read this one! Looks likes tons of new craziness is going to happen! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to read The Goddess Test, April's not that far away anymore, need to make sure I read it before then. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SOOOO looking forward to this! I loved The Goddess Test So much! :) Awesome pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really, really looking forward to this one as well because I loved the first one. I adore the cover too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY! I love this new cover! And I adore Henry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh great choice!! I wasn't in love with The Goddess Test but I definitely want to know what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book sounds most awesome! Great pick!

    Help Paranormal Wastelands celebrate Waiting on Forever Week with a WOW worth howling for! And while you at it check out our awesome Giveaway for your chance to win not only books but jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe there is already a second book. I haven't read the first one and I've been meaning too since I love mythology so much. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely adored the first one, but this one doesn't sound as awesome to me :( I hate when love stories get all muddled up because one of the people suddenly develops a new, tormenting secret.

    Though I do agree with you that the Persephone twist sounds good. Hopefully that will make up for broody-new-secret stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I JUST got The Goddess Test!!! Can't wait to start reading it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait to read this one either, but I hope we can see a little more romance than the previous book though.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to see this one either. I really enjoyed book 1 and am greatly looking forward to the rest of the series.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds very good I will have to get the first book.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday-26.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't read the first one in this series yet, glad to hear it is good though.

    ReplyDelete