Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (18)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. It lets us spotlight what upcoming books we can't wait for!
 
 
This week I am waiting on -

 Amplified by Tara Kelly 
Publisher: Henry Holt
Release date: October 25, 2011 

Summary via Goodreads:
When privileged 17-year-old Jasmine gets kicked out of her house, she takes what is left of her savings and flees to Santa Cruz to pursue her dream of becoming a musician. Jasmine finds the ideal room in an oceanfront house, but she needs to convince the three guys living there that she's the perfect roommate and lead guitarist for their band, C-Side. Too bad she has major stage fright and the cute bassist doesn't think a spoiled girl from over the hill can hack it. . . .
 
I love books that incorporate music into them and this one sounds amazing! It also comes out a couple of days before my birthday so it will make an awesome birthday present! 

16 comments:

  1. This sounds awesome and I hadn't heard of it!
    Thanks for sharing!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks pretty interesting; might need to pick this up. I would love if you checked out my WoW too!

    Btw, LOVE THE BLOG... I am not sure if we're fellow followers, but I follow you!

    Looking forward to hearing back from you,
    Cory @ Anti-Drug Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really cool, and definitely out of the ordinary! Books with music are always interesting to read about. I'm actually reading Five Flavors of Dumb right now, and it's about some kids who formed a band, but their manager is deaf. Really interesting so far, and a lot of fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this has a lot to offer. Music is always a great draw for me in a story plus the protagonist has to prove herself another aspect that makes this one I really want to read. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, how kicka@@ is this cover!? Love it! And the blurb makes me want to pick up this book now. Great pick!

    Rie @ Mission to Read

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of this one, but it sounds like a fun read. I like books that incorporate music as well. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes!! I've been looking forward to this one for quite awhile :-) Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH! THat sounds cute!!

    Great pick!!

    Have you read "I wanna be your Joey Ramone"? That's about a girl and music too :)

    Paranormal Wastelands' WoW
    http://paranormalwastelands.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward to reading this one too, I also love books with music in them. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes! I really want to read this book! Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love books with music in them as well! Great choice. I haven't heard of this one but I read Audrey, Wait and Five Flavors of Dumb and I loved both of those books.

    http://semisweetbookblog.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday-2.html

    Here's my WoW ^^

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pick! I actually have this one scheduled on my blog for next week! I love books that incorporate music in them :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm surprised, since I'm not a big music reader, that I read many books about music! I just noticed this when I saw your WoW. haha. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm waiting on this one too. Looks awesome.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday-21.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds like a really great read! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete