Saturday, June 25, 2011

Review - When You Dare by Lori Foster


Title: When You Dare (Men Who Walk on the Edge of Honor #1)
Author: Lori Foster
Publisher: Harlequin
Release date: April 26, 2011
Pages: 448
Genre: Adult Romance
Source: Library
Buy the book: Amazon  /  Barnes & Noble

Summary via Goodreads:
The tougher they are, the harder they fall…
 

Professional mercenary Dare Macintosh lives by one hard and fast rule: business should never be personal. If a cause appeals to him and the price is right, he'll take the mission he's offered. But then the lovely Molly Alexander asks him to help her track down the men who'd had her kidnapped—and for the first time, Dare's tempted to combine work with pleasure.

Fiercely independent, Molly vows to trust no one until she's uncovered the truth. Could the enemy be her powerful, estranged father? The ex-fiancé who still holds a grudge? Or the not-so-shy fan of her bestselling novels? As the danger heats up around them, the only anchor Molly has is Dare himself. But what she feels for him just might be the most frightening thing of all…
 



Missy's take - 

Before my love of YA took over, I was obsessed with romance books. All kinds of them. Mystery romance, historical romance, contemporary, you name it and I loved it! Although I have been reading a ton of awesome YA books lately, I decided that it was time for me to throw in an adult book. It wasn't hard to decide which one because A. I love Lori Foster's books, B. This is a new series and C. Look at that cover! Holy swoon!

Dare Macintosh is a mercenary and out to help a friend. When his friend Trace's little sister gets kidnapped and is about to be sold in Tijuana, Dare is there to rescue her. He also finds that she is not the only one. After several of the girls get away he is left with Molly Alexander and this turns into a not so simple job after all.

I so loved this book. Not only because it was a romance, because I would have loved it for that alone, but there was action and mystery. Besides the romance we are brought into the mystery of finding out who had Molly kidnapped and why. There are still people out to get her and Dare will do whatever he can to make sure that she is safe. All the while, of course, completely falling for her and she with him.

There were some way HOT scences in this book! Like literally take my breath away hotness! Foster can tell such an amazing story and have the perfect amount of swoonworthy romance. It wasn't hard to fall in love with Dare just a few pages in. He's not only a big, tough mercenary, but he is also sweet and gentle when the time calls for it.

I always enjoy how the characters from one of Fosters books flow into the next. The follow up to When You Dare is Trace of Fever, which features Trace from this book. Along with getting to learn more about a supporting character from When You Dare, we still get little tidbits of the current characters lives.

Overall this book was insanely good! It makes me miss all those romances that I had been reading prior to my obsession with YA! This book kept me up late into the night. I seriously ate it right up and I could not put it down! It was that good. If you are looking for an excellent romance with a little toss of mystery and action then this book is totally for you!

Missy's rating - 
 


6 comments:

  1. I used to read a lot of romance too! It's been a while since I've read a Lori Foster book. This one sounds awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll love YA books, but sometimes I need a good romance read. I definitely want to get this one! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOOOOVE Lori Foster! I SO need to start this series!!

    The Bookish Brunette

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one seems really cool!
    And I like the idea of picking up a series from the start :) I'll try to check it out. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover is YUM! And I do enjoy myself some hotness! :)

    ReplyDelete