Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Blogs & Bloggers I Love!


I have only been blogging for about 5 months, but I have come across so many amazing people and blogs in that short time. I feel like I should give a shout to all of these people that have helped me out and given me some amazing book recommendations!



One of the very first people that I chatted with on Twitter was Ginger at GReads! She has such an amazing blog, is a super sweet person and has the BEST book recommendations! If you are looking for amazing well thought out reviews her blog is an excellent place to go.





Next up is Shannon over at Books Devoured. I love me some food so what better way to rate your reviews than with food ratings! Am I right? Shannon introduced me to one of my favorite books of the year, The Grayton Beach Affair, which is something that I would never have picked up otherwise. Her review was so incredible that just had to have it. She even gifted me with a copy of it! I am so incredibly glad that she did. 



Cari's Book Blog is one of the very first blogs that I came across. I love her reviews and the style of her blog. We also share a love for Ikea bookshelves. If you aren't friends with her on Twitter you definitely should be. She is a super sweet person and always let's me know when something on one of my reviews is all messed up (darn blogger formatting) so I don't have to be embarrassed for too long!



I don't think she has a blog button! I completely love how honest and real April's reviews are. I love all the passionate posts that she has about the importance of the library and not being a douche at BEA. Some of her posts seriously make me laugh. Also, she is the reason that I decided to give audiobooks a try. On her suggestion I tried out Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone and it was instant love. I can't believe that I thought audiobooks would bore me. I have been utterly enjoying experiencing Harry Potter in a new light!



Last, but definitely least, is Alex at A Girl Books &  Other Things. She has book reviews and movie reviews. Both of which I completely love. She is always one of the first people to comment on my reviews and let me know what she thinks. She introduced me to Wuthering High, which is the first book in the Bard Academy series by Cara Lockwood.


If you don't follow any of these amazing blogs they are definitely worth checking out! They are all incredibly talented bloggers. There are so many other bloggers that I love and I am sure that I will do this feature again in the future. My list could go on and on!


11 comments:

  1. This totally makes my day!

    Thank you so much. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Missy!! Thank you so much! I have really enjoyed getting to know you better through twitter & blogging. Books are amazing things, huh?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awsome idea, good job premoting other bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *hugs* thanks for the mention, it was such a lovely surprise.

    And it looks like I got some bloggers to check out :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My goodness! You are the sweetest lady ever! I am glad that you love Grayton Beach as much as I did! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have the same likes in bloggers! :) So cute! :) And books because you always send me the tour books, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A couple of these are favorites of mine as well, and a couple are new to me so I'm off to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing this list! Now I have all new book bloggers to follow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll have to check these out! I'm loving Books Devoured too!!!

    The Bookish Brunette

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE to see that two of these ladies are TX bloggers! Woot!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for featuring me! I love your blog and visit daily. Also you girls are so much fun on twitter.

    ReplyDelete