Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (17)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. It lets us spotlight what upcoming books we can't wait for!

This week I am waiting on -

The Pledge by Kimberly Derting
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry
Release Date: November 15, 2011
 
Summary via Goodreads:
 
Words are the most dangerous weapon of all...

In the violent country of Ludania, the classes are strictly divided by the language they speak. The smallest transgression, like looking a member of a higher class in the eye while they are speaking their native tongue, results in immediate execution. Seventeen-year-old Charlaina has always been able to understand the languages of all classes, and she’s spent her life trying to hide her secret. The only place she can really be free is the drug-fueled underground clubs where people go to shake off the oppressive rules of the world they live in. It's there that she meets a beautiful and mysterious boy named Max who speaks a language she's never heard before . . . and her secret is almost exposed.

Charlie is intensely attracted to Max, even though she can’t be sure where his real loyalties lie. As the emergency drills give way to real crisis and the violence escalates, it becomes clear that Charlie is the key to something much bigger: her country’s only chance for freedom from the terrible power of a deadly regime.
 
Is is just me or does this sound all kinds of awesome? I love Kimberly Derting so I have no doubt that this is going to be amazing!
 
What are you waiting on??? 

19 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to this one too! I love the cover and Kimberly Derting.

    Dea
    Teen Readers' Diary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WANT THIS BOOK!!! Ah! I LOVED The Body Finder by Kimberly, shamefully I have yet to dive into Desires of the Dead but I have a copy sitting provocatively on my bookshelf. It looks all kinds of tempting. The Pledge sounds ridiculously good, so excited for release!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book looks awesome!!! I never would have found out about it if it weren't for WOW.

    for my WOW: http://piscesmuse.wordpress.com/2011/05/25/waiting-on-wednesday-possession-by-elana-johnson/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love The Body Finder books, I hope I love these as well! Great choice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! I love Kimberly Derting so I will definitely be reading this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can honestly say that I will be waiting on anything written by Kimberly Derting. She blew me away with The Body Finder!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES! I completely want this book!! Kimberly Derting is just so dang awesome. Great pick!

    Jess @ Gone with the Words

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE Derting so I am very exciting for this one. Love that cover too. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait for this one, I loooove Kim Derting's writing so this one's definitely on my list. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This book would make my year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to read the previous books of her first.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhh! This looks sooo good! I cannot wait for it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the cover. I can't wait for this one. Kimberly Derting is a great writer so I am sure this one will be great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really, really can't wait to read this! It sounds like it's going to be awesome. And I love her writing! :) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm not really a dystopian fan but I liked The Body Finder do I may give this one a go.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/05/waiting-on-wednesday-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. This was my pick last week! I can't wit for this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am dying to read this book and it's still such a long way until release day!

    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A great pick! I am looking forward to reading this.

    My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome pick! We're your newest follower ^^

    Here's our Wednesday Picks

    by @TheJay2xA

    by @addictedToV

    We're also joining the Summer Splash Blog Hop Giveaway
    Please don't forget to join here

    ReplyDelete