Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (15)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. It lets us spotlight what upcoming books we can't wait for!


This week I am waiting on- 

Dearly, Departed by Lia Habel 
Publisher: Random House
Release date: October 18th, 2011

Summary via Goodreads:
As far as romantic pairings go in the year 2195, you don't get much more unlikely than an upper-class schoolgirl and a poor miner from enemy tribes. Filter in the fact that he's a zombie, and you're definitely talking about star-crossed love.

Dearly, Departed is a cyber-Victorian/steampunk romance that takes place in the shadow of a new ice age. Nora Dearly, a mouthy teenage girl and apparent orphan, leaves school for Christmas - only to be dragged into the night by the living dead. Luckily for her, though, the good ones got to her first. From her reanimated rescuers she learns not only that zombies are roaming the countryside, but that her father is one - and that he's in terrible trouble. She also meets Captain Bram Griswold, a noble, strong, and rather sweet undead boy for whom she starts to fall.

Meanwhile, her best friend, Pamela Roe, is just trying to carry on with life as best she can in the wake of Nora's disappearance - when she ends up killing an evil zombie in self-defense. Pam is galvanized into action, and ends up leading a group of survivors as the city of New London is thronged by the ravenous dead.

Upon hearing of Pamela's plight, Nora and Bram set out to rescue her friends, find her missing father, and maybe just save what's left of the world.
 First of all how pretty is the cover? I absolutely love it! Also zombies??? Yes, please! I am totally crazy for anything zombie lately so I am crazy excited about this one. It sounds amazing!
What are you waiting on this week??

10 comments:

  1. Lovely cover, I agree!
    And the book sounds awesome, though I don't think I've ever read steampunk... interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I aBsolutely can't wait for this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Normally books with zombies freak me out, but I like that it's Victorian/steam punk. I'll definitely give it a try. Thanks for sharing this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really can't wait to read this book. It sounds SO awesome!! And the cover really is gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really looking forward to this one too, I love zombies right now and I agree the cover is very pretty. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cover! I haven't heard of this book yet but it looks and sounds incredible. I'll have to stick this on my TBR pile. Plus I love a good Zombie book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. cyber-Victorian/steampunk romance...love that!!! I can't wait to read this either! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard of this one yet. This is what I love about WOW-all the chances to find about new books coming out.

    My WOW:

    Kristi's WOW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hadn't heard of this one, but I'm loving the sound of it! Great pick this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one is new to me...right off the bat I knew it was a steampunk. Thx for the heads up!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete