Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (14)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. It lets us spotlight what upcoming books we can't wait for!


This week I am waiting on-

The Beginning of After by Jennifer Castle
Publisher: HarperTeen 
Release Date: September 6th, 2011

Summary via Goodreads:
Sixteen-year-old Laurel's world changes instantly when her parents and brother are killed in a terrible car accident. Behind the wheel is the father of her bad-boy neighbor, David Kaufman, whose mother is also killed. In the aftermath of the tragedy, Laurel navigates a new reality in which she and her best friend grow apart, boys may or may not be approaching her out of pity, overpowering memories lurk everywhere, and Mr. Kaufman is comatose but still very much alive. Through it all, there is David, who swoops in and out of Laurel's life and to whom she finds herself attracted against her better judgment. She will forever be connected to him by their mutual loss, a connection that will change them both in unexpected ways. 

How amazing does this sound? The premise sounds totally heartbreaking and sad and kind of reminds me of If I Stay (which I LOVED!!). Can't wait!!

What are you waiting on??? 

15 comments:

  1. CANNOT WAIT! This one sounds so much like something I'd easily fall in love with! I really can't wait to read it :)

    http://blackfingernailedreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read this one too, it sounds like a very interesting premise. Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah yes... i have been waiting for this too be released too! thanks for reminding me of this book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I was reading the synopsis I thought it sounded like If I Stay as well, which is definitely a compliment. I will be adding this one to my TBR list. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes!! I picked this a few weeks back. I can't wait to read it :-) I LOVE that cover too. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome pick!! I'm really looking forward to reading this as well. I loooooved If I Stay! Can't wait to read this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this one on my tbr pile but can't start reading it for a while since it doesn't come out until September, but I'm really looking forward to reading it. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so excited about this one!!! I didn't know there where galley copies of it already!! how exciting

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm totally looking forward to this one as well! Great pick!!

    Here's my Waiting on Wednesday pick. :)

    Jess @ Gone with the Words

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, what a gorgeous cover! Paired with an interesting story line. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This one looks soooo good I can't wait for september.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/05/waiting-on-wednesday-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. great pick, I have this on my TBR list too, anxiously awaiting its release =o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I picked this up at TLA I'm waiting closer to the release date to read it. Love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow that premise is heartbreaking and I can see myself crying if I read this which I probably will because it sounds like a good story. If I Stay is on my TBR as well so I of course am interested in this one.

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was my WoW last week! I can't wait for it!

    Here's my WoW this week. Happy Reading! Jen

    ReplyDelete