Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (10)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. It lets us spotlight what upcoming books we can't wait for!
 
Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
Publisher: Dutton
Release Date: September 29th, 2011
 
Summary via Goodreads:
For budding costume designer Lola Nolan, the more outrageous, the outfit—more sparkly, more fun, more wild—the better. But even though Lola’s style is outrageous, she’s a devoted daughter and friend with some big plans for the future. And everything is pretty perfect (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the dreaded Bell twins move back into the house next door.

When the family returns and Cricket—a gifted inventor and engineer—steps out from his twin sister’s shadow and back into Lola’s life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.
 
 
Holy adorable cover! Purple hair, cute boy, what's not to like? It just looks and sounds ridiculously cute. I am HIGHLY anticipating this one. After reading Anna and the French Kiss I feel like Stephanie Perkins can do no wrong. Hurry up September!!
 
What are you waiting on???? 

18 comments:

  1. I am SO very excited for this one as well. I wish it were coming out this summer. I love Perkins' writing style....I hope it is as good as Anna and the French Kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really looking forward to this one too. I loved Anna and the French Kiss but I think I might love Lola even more.
    Great pick.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES!! I am really looking forward to this one, too. After reading Anna & being pleasantly surprised by it Stephenie Perkins is becoming one of my new fav YA authors :-) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one's definitely on my list, I loooove Anna and the French Kiss. Cannot wait! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait! I've been exited for this since the moment I found out about it! :)

    http://blackfingernailedreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot wait for this! I will read anything by Stephenie Perkins! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really looking forward to reading this one as well. (I love the cover!!) I still have to read Anna, but I'm hoping to get to it this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sara Dessen is great! September seems so far away. My WOW pick comes out then ,too!

    I'm a new follower, stop by and see my WOW pick:

    Kristi-The Book Faery's WOW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to get to Anna and the French Kiss fast because it sounds so awesome! Then I'll have to pick this one up, too! Great pick!

    Feel free to check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sooo excited for this one! Great pick!

    That's What Liz Read

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still haven't read Anna and the French Kiss, but I really need to! Everyone is raving about it and so excited for this next one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the purple hair. I always wanted to have some but someone told me I had to truly bleach my dark brown hair for it to take... so in the end I just got a couple of stripes - hurt enough to put me off doing my whole head.

    LOL

    Anyway, I'm just going to start with Anna in the next couple of weeks - it's on the TBR -short list :D

    I hope I get pumped for this one after that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope that when you get your book, it is everything you hope it to be. Check out what I am Waiting On Wednesday for. Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I want purple hair. I still need to read Anna and the French Kiss, but this one sounds super cute too.

    -Let's Get Beyond Tolerance

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so excited for this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a DEFINITE pre-order for me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stopping By to see what is your WoW pick :) I heard this one was good. I hope you like it once you get your hands on it!

    Please Stop by, I'm starting a new with a fresh look.  Let me know what you think

    Black Disaster Fairy
    A World of Personality

    ReplyDelete