Monday, April 25, 2011

Review - Sail by James Patterson and Howard Roughan

Title: Sail (Amazon)
Author: James Patterson, Howard Roughan
Publisher: Little, Brown and Company
Release Date: 2008
Pages: 388
Genre: Adult Fiction
Source: Own

America's #1 bestselling thriller writer, James Patterson presents his most suspenseful, explosive tale ever. Only an hour out of port, the Dunne family's summer getaway to paradise is already turning into the trip from hell. The three children are miserable-and not shy about showing it. Katherine Dunne had hoped this vacation would bring back the togetherness they'd lost when her husband died four years earlier. Maybe if her new husband had joined them it would all have been okay.
Suddenly, a disaster hits-and it's perfect. Faced with this real threat, the Dunnes rediscover the meaning of family. But this catastrophe is just a tiny taste of the true danger that lurks ahead-somewhere out there, someone wants to make sure that the Dunne family never leaves paradise alive. (Goodreads)

Kim’s Take: This book was absolutely excellent! I read it in an evening because I couldn’t put it down. The action starts right from the beginning and doesn’t let up until the end. I didn’t want to put it down because I just had to know what happened next.

This book had it all. Mystery, deceit, martial affairs, corruption, attempted suicide, and murder were all a part of the plot.

Katherine’s intention is to take her three children sailing for two months on her deceased husband’s boat. She has never been close to them since she spent so much of their lives at the hospital where she is a doctor. The captain will be her deceased husband’s brother, Jake, whom the kids adore. And his expertise will be needed as disaster begins only an hour into their journey. There are just non-stop things happening and just when you didn’t think it could get any worse, they do.

Lost at sea, they believe the Coast Guard will be coming to rescue them at any moment after their distress signal was sent out. But what they don’t realize is that they have been set up for disaster and the Coast Guard has purposely received the wrong coordinates, making it impossible to find them.
And just when you thought you had the ending figured out, it would change again. It was so suspenseful right up until the last pages. James Patterson never disappoints!

Kim’s Rating

7 comments:

  1. Ahh, sounds good. I do love a good mystery! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's an interesting premise. I'm always wondering about Patterson books, I've never picked one up before. I'll give this one a shot, though. Thanks for the review!

    Linked from CEP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just reminded me how much I need to give his books a go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you enjoyed this thriller. The plot summary sounds intriguing. Unfortunately, I am not a fan of Patterson. Something in his style or voice just turns me off. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only read James Patterson's lighter reads (suzannes Diary for Nicholas and such) I'll have to check this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mom Loves James Patterson! I don't she's read this one though. I will have to send her your link so she can check out your review. :) Glad you enjoyed it! It does sound like a pretty awesome read!

    ReplyDelete