Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Review - Inevitable by Kate Bennett

Title: Inevitable (Amazon)
Author: Kate Bennett
Publisher:  Amira Rock Publishing
Release Date: January 20th,  2011
Pages: 266
Genre: YA
Source: Review copy from author

Summary via Goodreads:
Carina Lombardi, a vibrant New York University student, can’t shake the feeling that she has known the irresistable- and at times mysteriously intense - Jared Taylor forever. After all, she's had her eye on him for years. Or has it been months?

In a compelling story where time is relative, read how Carina and Jared fall in love, forming a nearly unbreakable bond that will inevitably be challenged over and over again. Will their love prevail or will fate step in the way?



Missy's take - 

I don't think that I can say enough good things about this book!  I could not put it down. I got so sucked into it that I paid no attention to anything going on around me and by the time I finished it it was WAY past my bedtime!

Carina is a senior at NYU working towards her degree in journalism. For the past couple of years she has been swooning over a guy from afar. A guy that is so attractive to her that she is sure she has no chance with him. When he comes into the coffee shop that she works at, and the moment presents itself, she takes a chance at getting to know him. They end up hitting it off right away and, within a few months, he takes her to meet his family. On the way home from the family get together everything gets thrown for a loop!

This story was so full of suspense and romance. So suspenseful, I might add, that I had a hard time not flipping pages ahead just to find out what happened because I could barely wait. I can't say too much about the story without giving away anything, but I will say that where the story went was not at all what I expected. That is a good thing too because if far exceeded my expectations. The twists and turns of the plot were incredible and unexpected. The ending literally took my breath away.

More than anything, to me anyway, this book to me was about love. The things you do, risks you take, the lengths you are willing to go just to be with, and protect, the person that you love. Some people might think that the love Jared had for Carina was kind of crazy and I think it was too, but in a good way.

I can't speak highly enough about this book and I definitely recommend it for anyone looking for suspenseful, romantic YA read! It was truly fantastic!

Kate also has a playlist put together for this book so hop over to her blog and check it out! Inevitable playlist. I love books that have playlists!

Missy's rating 

11 comments:

  1. What a fantastic review! I can't thank you enough and I'm sincerely glad that you enjoyed it! And the fact that you appreciate Jared's lunacy... well that just makes you a kindred spirit, haha. Thanks, Missy!! Kate Bennett

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this book and I'm really glad you loved it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also loved this book, way different than any other love story I have ever read. Thank you Kate Bennett for removing me from reality for a day to be absorbed in yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inevitable sounds intriguing... especially considering you can't tell us anything for risk of giving anything away! I love it when a book surprises me, as I have read so many that are quite predictable. I'm adding this one to my TBR pile (it's getting bigger and bigger by the day thanks to all you fabulous book bloggers!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't heard of this one but it sounds just like my kind of book! I'm going to add it to my list of books to get.
    I love the cover too! It's pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of this book but now I must read it! Especially when someone, you, have amazing book taste and say you couldn't put it down! Ah it must be amazing then! Great review, I look forward to reading it!

    Happy Reading!
    Blakeley :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this cover! Great review. I must check it out now :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel like I have been living under a rock. How have I not heard of this book before? It sounds fabulous. Great review! I will be picking this one up soon :)
    -Katelyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have put in penning this website.
    I am hoping to view the same high-grade content
    from you later on as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has encouraged me to get my own website now ;)

    Here is my web site walking calculator

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful web site. Plenty of useful information here.

    I'm sending it to a few pals ans also sharing in delicious. And naturally, thanks on your effort!

    my blog: testifying ()

    ReplyDelete
  11. After I initially commented I appear to have clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and
    now each time a comment is added I get four emails with the same comment.
    Is there a way you can remove me from that service?
    Many thanks!

    My site; twitter engagement

    ReplyDelete