Saturday, April 9, 2011

24 Hour Read-a-Thon & Updates (bottom of post)

If you are reading this I have officially begun the Dewey's 24 hour read-a-thon! I am really excited to be a part of it this year. If you haven't heard of it and would like to learn more about it go HERE.

My 10 yr old niece Makenna is also going to be doing it with me. She is bound and determined to make it the whole 24 hours. Throughout the day I will be updating everyone on our progress as we attempt to complete it! :)

We have all of our snacks ready to go and here are the books that we plan on reading -


Missy's books - 
















The Boys Next Door by Jennifer Echols
The Boyfriend List by E. Lockhart
Playing Hurt by Holly Schindler
Wake by Lisa McMann
Six Moon Summer by SM Reine
Some Girls Are by Courtney Summers
Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles
Desires of the Dead by Kimberly Derting

So those are all of the books I am going to attempt to read. Not necessarily in that order!


Makenna's books -
















Thea Stilton and the Mountain of Fire by Thea Stilton
Thea Stilton and the Dragon's Code
American Chillers #24 Haunting in New Hampshire by Jonathan Rand
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules by Jeff Kinney

Wish us luck and check back throughout the day for updates! I can't wait to hear how everyone else is doing too.

Update 1 8a-10a

Currently reading: The Boyfriend List
Pages read: 149 (I am a slow poke!)
Reading location: Still hanging out in bed!
Books completed: 0


Update 2 10a-2p

Currently reading: Wake by Lisa McMann
Pages read (total): 267 (lame I know. I had to go to a bday party and just got back!)
Reading location: in the car on the way to and from party. Now back in bed.
Books completed: 1

Makenna is now outside playing. She says she reads better at night! lol! :)

Update 3 2p-9p

Currently reading: Gone by Lisa McMann
Pages read (total): 515
Reading location: On the porch swing
Books completed: 3

I was really hoping to have more read by now, but it seems like whenever I am doing something life gets it the way! lol! Guess we'll see how the next 11 hours go!

Update 4 9p-1a

Currently reading: Playing Hurt by Holly Schindler
Pages read (total): 729
Reading location: back to the bed (I swear I have the most comfortable bed!)
Books completed: 4

Only 7 hours to go!!! I really hope that I can make it. I have been yawning since around 9p lol! Makenna has been reading on and off, but keeps losing interest. Oh well she is only 10! Hope everyone else is having an awesome time and thanks to all the fab cheerleaders out there who have kept all of us going!

Update 5 (final update) 1a-5a

Currently reading: Playing Hurt by Holly Schindler (STILL. I kept getting distracted!)
Pages read (total): 779
Reading location: in my bed
Books completed: Still only 4

So 5a came and I couldn't make it anymore :( I was SO tired! Makenna didn't even make is long as I did. I am hoping next time that I can make it a whole 24 hours. I am pretty impressed with myself for what I did accomplish though. Hope everyone had a blast!

20 comments:

  1. Go Missy and Makenna! If I didn't have kids and/or didn't have family in town I so would be joining in on the activities! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Missy you have an awesome day of reading ahead of you :-) if I weren't going to TeenBookCon today I would so be right there with you! Good luck to you both!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you guys are going to have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great books on your list! Have fun today!! Tweet me on breaks w/ updates and I'll cheer you on. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheering you on From Michigan! My husband and boys are doing it with me! I hope you both have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck you too! Do tell us how Makeena's getting along, it's so great to hear someone so young taking up the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome books in your stack! Hope you're enjoying them. Very cool that you have readathon company :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The party’s starting to pop
    And you’re already having fun.
    Don’t let the momentum stop
    And get some reading done!

    267 pages is still fantastic! Don't get discouraged. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun! I need to participate in the next one! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so fun the two of you are doing the read-a-thon together! Looks like you're having fun, good luck with your reading.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's so awesome that your niece is trying to read along too! I love it! Good luck to both of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck! I believe in you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome job so far girls! I was really hoping to have more done too, but since I'm such a slow reader... it all meh.

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. *head desk* Stupid typos!

    I seriously need to learn to preview my comments before I post them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Read that book,
    Flip that page,
    24 Hour Readathon
    Is all the rage!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that your niece is doing the read-a-thon with you! Keep up the great reading, both of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope your readathon is still going swimmingly :) You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like you have an awesome stack of readathon books! I hope you're enjoying Playing Hurt, that one looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I thought you might be asleep already! Did not see you on twitter! We are so close!!!!! We can do it! And BTW, LOVE the design!!!!!

    ReplyDelete