Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (8)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. It lets us spotlight what upcoming books we can't wait for!


Shut Out by Kody Keplinger
Publisher: Poppy
Release Date: September 5th, 2011

Summary via author's website:
SHUT OUT is a story about Lissa, a senior in high school, who decides to put an end to a decade old rivalry between her school's football and soccer teams after her quarterback boyfriend ditches her a few too many times on behalf of hazing the other team. Her plan is to start a sex strike - gathering the girlfriends of all the players of both teams and agreeing that none of them will hookup with their boyfriends until the rivalry is over. What follows is an all out battle of the sexes as the girls begin to explore issues of teen sexuality and the boys attempt to seducethe girls into breaking their oath. Lissa is determined to win, but she never expects the sexual tension that rises between she and Cash Sterling, a member of the soccer team and leader of the boys' side.

Okay, so I realize that this one has been posted quite a bit over the past few weeks. I hadn't read The DUFF when all the excited hype came out about this one. Now I have read The DUFF thanks to Ginger at GReads and I can totally see why everyone is so excited.  The DUFF was awesome and I can't imagine this one will be any different!


*********************************************


Shattered Souls by Mary Lindsey 
Publisher: Penguin
Release Date: December 18th, 2011

Summary via Goodreads:
Lenzi hears voices. She also sees visions--gravestones, floods, a gorgeous guy with steel gray eyes. She knows she must be going crazy, just like her dad did. Her boyfriend, Zak, can't do anything to help, and the voices just keep getting louder, the visions more intense. But when Lenzi meets Alden, the boy from her dreams, everything makes sense.

Sort of.

He tells Lenzi that she's a reincarnated Speaker--someone who can talk to lost souls and help them move on--and that he has been her Protector for centuries. But instead of embracing her abilities, Lenzi struggles between her life as the girlfriend of a sexy musician and the life she is destined to lead with Alden. Yet time is running out; a malevolent spirit has been trying to destroy Lenzi for ages, and he will surely kill her if she doesn't make a decision soon.

Her choices are clear: Destiny or normalcy. Alden or Zak. Life or death.


So this sounds right up my alley. I can't believe it doesn't come out until December though! Seriously?!?! I am terrible at waiting and this is one of the longest I have to wait for. How amazing is the cover? I absolutely love it!

What are you waiting on???

13 comments:

  1. They are both great picks! I am especially excited for Shattered Souls. I love the cover!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for picking Shattered Souls this week. December does seem like forever away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really looking forward to Shut Out it sounds like a great read. Great picks.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/waiting-on-wednesday-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shut out sounds like a great read!

    I love the cover for Shattered Souls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for Kody Keplinger!! I chose this book last week :-) I'm so happy you read The Duff & enjoyed it as much as me. I'm really looking forward to this next one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved The DUFF so of course I can't wait to read this one either! I just love how she tells her stories! And who doesn't want to read Shattered Souls! December is too far away, I agree!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really looking foward to these two, I loved The DUFF and Shattered Souls sounds amazing! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope when you get them, they will be everything you hope them to be. Check out what I am Waiting On Wednesday for.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am SO excited to read Shattered Souls! It sounds awesome, and the cover is gorgeous! I haven't heard about Shut Out yet, so I will have to check that one out! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hadn't head about Shut Out, I like the sound of it a lot more than I liked the sound of The DUFF

    so I'll keep it in mind

    ReplyDelete
  11. i invite you to my blog
    www.pamietniklafne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both of these look like great reads! Has anyone else noticed that the woman on the cover of shut out looks exactly like Liv Tyler?

    ReplyDelete
  13. The DUFF and Shut Out are on my To-Read list! I hope to get The DUFF soon! Shattered Souls looks incredible, I love that cover!
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete