Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (7)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. It lets us spotlight what upcoming books we can't wait for!


 Memento Nora by Angie Smibert
Publisher: Marshall Cavendish Children's Books 
Release Date: April 1st, 2011

Summary via mementonora.com:

Nora, the popular girl and happy consumer, witnesses a horrific bombing on a shopping trip with her mother. In Nora’s near-future world, terrorism is so commonplace that she can pop one little white pill to forget and go on like nothing ever happened. However, when Nora makes her first trip to a Therapeutic Forgetting Clinic, she learns what her mother, a frequent forgetter, has been frequently forgetting. Nora secretly spits out the pill and holds on to her memories. The memory of the bombing as well as her mother’s secret and her budding awareness of the world outside her little clique make it increasingly difficult for Nora to cope. She turns to two new friends, each with their own reasons to remember, and together they share their experiences with their classmates through an underground comic. They soon learn, though, they can’t get away with remembering.

I have a serious obsession with dystopian novels lately. I love the build up of a new time and place and what the world could be like. LOVE. IT.


What are you waiting on??? 

13 comments:

  1. I've been seeing this one around a lot lately. I am on a dystopia kick too, so I will have to add this to my TBR list. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this book! I can say it's one of my favorite ones this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really excited for this one too. I love the title - a play on memento mori.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! I'll be reading this one soon it's on my tbr pile, I've heard it's really good. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. TThis looks good! What is Galley Grab? Ive heard people mention it. I so want to read Possession!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm on a serious dystopian kick lately as well, I just can't get enough! I actually just finished this one, I got it on a tour and really enjoyed it. The world and the idea of the TFC is really interesting. Can't wait to see what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one sounds good! I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've already got this one on my wishlist - it sounds really good and I love the cover.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/waiting-on-wednesday-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. umm.. this book has been sitting on my shelf for a little while now. I should probably read it soon, huh? lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm really looking forward to this one too! I love dystopia as well! :) Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard a little about this one and it sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow definitely makes me curious enough to check it out! this book sounds really amazing can't wait till it's released. great book pick
    as always ♥, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  13. I read this one for an ARC tour and I really loved it!

    ReplyDelete