Thursday, March 17, 2011

Review - Anna and The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Title:  Anna and the French Kiss
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Publisher: Dutton
Release Date: December 2nd, 2010
Pages: 372
Genre: YA
Source: Library

Summary via Goodreads:

Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris—until she meets Étienne St. Claire: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home.

As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near-misses end with the French kiss Anna—and readers—have long awaited?


Missy's take -
 
I don't think there are words to express my love for this novel. It was seriously that good. I can't believe that I waited so long to finally read it. I was a little worried I would be disappointed because it has been so hyped up and I am glad to say that I most definitely was not. This is one of those books that I will be pushing everyone that I know to read.

I adored Anna and St. Clair. They were one of my favorite duos ever. They fit so perfectly together. I also loved all of the supporting characters because well, without them, this story would not have been what it was. Teenage love in the city of romance. Yes, please! I virtually read this in one sitting because I did not want to put it down. Time flew by and I didn't even notice.

Even after I finished this I couldn't stop smiling. It was such a feel good book!  It was so easy to connect with Anna. She handled certain situations in the same way that I could see myself doing. She was incredibly realistic! She could easily be someone who is a friend of mine. I swear that I could actually feel what Anna felt. I wanted to laugh when she laughed and cry when she cried. She was such an extremely likeable character!

I can't wait to see what else Stephanie Perkins has in store for us in the future!


Missy's rating - 5/5

15 comments:

  1. I loved this book! So, so much. I'm sad that it took me forever to read it too. But the wait was definitely worth it. I agree with being able to identify with Anna's character. I felt the same way.

    P.S. my review is going up on Saturday, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! So glad you liked this one as well, I absolutely adored it. I couldn't stop smiling after I finished either and it's definitely one I could read again and again. Can't wait for Lola and the Boy Next Door!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna and St. Claire make you feel so happy! This is one book that I may actually re-read in the future when I need a good book! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have put all my feelings of this book into words! It was so great :)
    -Katelyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I will finally give in and read this!
    had been waiting for some of the hype to die down but I just can't resist it anymore. :D

    Thanks for the awesome review

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jacinda said I need to read this next to pull me out of my slump! I think I'm definitely going to have to take her suggestion...and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to read this one! I don't know why it's taken me so long to get around to this book. I have no excuses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree! I LOVED this book! One of the most romantic books I've ever read and I LOVED St. Clair! LOVED! So glad you weren't disappointed :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved this one too, anxiously awaiting her next book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought this book was really cute too! I agree that Anna and St. Clair are a perfect duo and I also loved the supporting characters. I really loved how easy this book was to read - it wasn't brainless by any means, but it was an easy read without complications. It was a refreshing read.

    Great Review!
    <3 Patricia @ Patricia's Particularity

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have heard nothing but glowing reviews for this book! I've been positively dying to read it ever since I hear John Green recommend it in one of his vlogs :) Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was an incredible read, loved every detail and every moment of it. I laughed a lot also. It was a really enjoyable read and most of all it was a samrt read, i mean, you could tell that this wasn' t like most of the romance stories you you would usually find out there ( specially under the title name haha) this was a well- thought book and totally recomend it for anyone who wants to spend a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice post, Thanks for your very useful Information, I will bookmark for next reference

    ReplyDelete