Friday, March 25, 2011

Blogger Hop & Follow Friday (9)

Book Blogger Hop
Book Blogger Hop is hosted by  Crazy for Books make sure you head over there and link up!

This weeks question is:
If you could physically put yourself into a book or series...which one would it be and why?

I will have to go with one from my childhood. If you had asked me this when I was younger it would have been The Babysitter's Club, hands down. When I was a kid I was always trying to start my own. I wanted to BE Kristy! Well besides the dad drama of course!

**************************************

Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee so make sure you head over and link up!

This weeks question is:
Inspired by the inane twitter trend of #100factsaboutme, give us five BOOK RELATED silly facts about you.

1. If I have a book on my Kindle that I absolutely LOVE, I have to buy a physical copy of it too.
2. I am almost always reading at least 2 books at once. One physical copy, one on my Kindle.
3. I am slightly OCD when buying books. I go through each book there to make sure I get the least damaged one. I thoroughly inspect to make sure the one I get is the neatest and prettiest!
4. I totally judge a book by it's cover. If it has a fabulous cover I need to read it!
5. When I was 12-13 I spent a lot of weekends at my Grandma's and lived off of the Harlequin romance books she had. Probably not suitable for my age at the time, but I loved them regardless!

Thanks for stopping by and we hope you stick around and follow! 

16 comments:

  1. There is something about a mystery, I think. We all want to be detectives, I guess.

    Here's my post for this blog hop. Hope you will stop by.

    I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guilty of judging a book by it's cover. Constantly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same way with the Kindle! If there's one I buy on there and I end up adoring it, I have to buy a real physical copy to display proudly on my shelves:) Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, BBC! Great minds think alike.

    I'm guilty of cover judging too. I'm totally disappointed when the book isn't as good as the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually read two books at once, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am the Same way about buying books. I have to go through them to get the best one! LOL! Glad I'm not the only one. :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm the same way about Kindle books. If I love it, I'll buy the physical copy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol, when I was 12-13 I spent a summer reading Danielle Steele novels. :-)

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I judge books by their covers too (and I like to think that anyone who denies that is just crazy)! Plus I totally stole all of my sisters Babysitter Club books when I was little. She didn't even notice they were missing.
    -Katelyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Apologies in advance for my answer this week as it will not immediately resonate with the book blogger population which happens to be 99.5% female.

    My choice is a book series geared towards guys which won’t enthrall the vast majority of my fellow book bloggers (who are almost entirely female) with the extensive discussion of powerful weapons and sexy milspec gear, beautiful women, eye-popping action sequences (with occasionally obscene violence), and the like.

    But there IS something in my answer that just about everyone of the female persuasion can benefit from my decidedly “books for guys” post. Hop on over to http://www.howardsherman.net to find out what it is.

    Happy Hop Friday!

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. This week the questions were awesome.

    I think I would put myself into the Bard Academy Books by Cara Lockwood (set on a boarding school, on an island, with mysterious teachers, lots of book lovers inside-jokes, and a teen aged Heathcliff hanging around)

    And those were awesome facts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a Kindle and I'm the same way! I read the Lauren Oliver books and now I am insisting on buying a physical copy. People keep telling me I'm wasting money, but they obviously don't understand! I'm OCD about my books too! Few years ago I lent out my Twilight and they tore the binding! Now I just don't lend them out unless I'm completely sure they are safe! Books are very important!
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hopping through. I loved the BSC. Did you read the new prequel called The Summer Before? It was great.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't jumped on the reader wagon yet, but if (more like when) I do, Im sure that I will have to buy hard copies of the ones I love, just like you. For sentimental purposes of course!

    Following from the Friday Follow Hop. Nice blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey! I'm out doing the Hop! Check out my blog and giveaway on http://www.MagicalUrbanFantasyReads.com/

    ReplyDelete